On completion of the training program, the student will be awarded:
→ A Certificate of Shipping, issued by Bureau Veritas Solutions Marine & Offshore.
The Certificate of Shipping, is obtained after completing the course and passing the online test.
This training course aims at providing an overview of the shipping community, the main players intervening on a ship and the different roles they play. It provides general information about ship owners and managers, flag administrations, classification societies, insurance companies, port state control, operational players and specialized press.
Whom the course is for
The course Shipping is aimed at anyone interested in understanding the shipping community and the roles of its major players. This may include Shipping companies, Ship Masters, Officers and Seafarers; Surveyors; P&I and/or Insurance Inspectors; etc.
On completion of the training, students will be able to:
- Discover the different actors and organisms related with shipping.
- Know the relationship between the various shipping actors.
- Understand the role of the different shipping actors.
Overview of the major shipping players
- Categories of ship owners
- Ship managers
- Professional associations
- International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA)
- United States Coast Guard (USCG)
- Classification Societies
- International Association of Classification Societies (IACS)
- Protection & Indemnity (P&I) Clubs
Port State Control (PSC)