On completion of the training program, the student will be awarded:
→ A Certificate of Maritime International Conventions, issued by Bureau Veritas Solutions Marine & Offshore.
The Certificate of Maritime International Conventions, is obtained after completing the course and passing the online test.
This training course provides an overview of the international maritime regulatory scenario, with the presentation of the most important maritime conventions dealing with safety, pollution prevention, training and certification of seafarers and labour conditions.
Whom the course is for
The course Maritime International Conventions is aimed at anyone interested in getting familiar with the most important international conventions which govern the transport of passengers and goods by sea. This may include Ship Managers, Technical Superintendents, Ship Masters, Officers and Seafarers; Shipyards Technical Staff; Surveyors; P&I and/or Insurance Inspectors; Naval Architects; Etc.
On completion of the training, students will be able to:
- Have an overview of the regulatory scenario in the maritime world.
- Get familiar with the most important conventions and codes adopted by the International Maritime Organisation and the International Labour Organisation.
- Understand the main requirements in terms of safety, pollution prevention, training and certification of seafarers and labour conditions.
- Shipping Regulation
- Regulatory Bodies
- International Regulatory Instruments: Conventions, Codes, Resolutions
- Regulations Lifecycle
- Load Lines Convention
- SOLAS Convention
- Detailed presentation of SOLAS Chapters and International Codes enforced by different SOLAS Chapters
- Intact Stability Code
- Fire Test Protocol (FTP) Code
- Fire Safety Systems (FSS) Code
- Life-Saving Appliances (LSA) Code
- International Maritime Solid Bulk Cargoes (IMSBC) Code
- International Code for the Safe Carriage of Grain in Bulk (Grain Code)
- Code of Safe Practice for Ships Carrying Timber Deck Cargoes
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code
- International Code for the Construction and Equipment of Ships Carrying Dangerous Chemicals in Bulk (IBC Code)
- International Code for the Construction and Equipment of Ships Carrying Liquefied Gases in Bulk (IGC Code)
- International Code for the Safe Carriage of Packaged Irradiated Nuclear Fuel, Plutonium and High-Level Radioactive Wastes on board Ships (INF Code)
- International Code of Safety for High Speed Craft (HSC Code)
- International Safety Management Systems (ISM) Code
- International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
- Most Important Amendments
- Other Conventions and Codes
- Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (COLREG)
- Torremolinos Safety of Fishing Vessel
- Code for the Construction and Equipment of Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU Code)
- Code of Safety for Special Purpose Ships (SPS Code)
- Code of Safe Practice for the Carriage of Cargoes and Persons by Offshore Supply Vessels (OSV Code)
- Code for the Transport and Handling of Hazardous and Noxious Liquid Substances in Bulk on Offshore Support Vessels (OSV Chemical Code)
- International Code for Ships Operating in Polar Waters (Polar Code)
- International Code of Safety for Ships Using Gas or Other Low-Flashpoint Fuels (IGF Code)
Pollution Prevention Regulations
- MARPOL Convention
- Regulations for the Prevention of Pollution by Oil
- Regulations for the Control of Pollution by Noxious Liquid Substances
- Prevention of Pollution by Harmful Substances in Packaged Form
- Prevention of Pollution by Sewage from Ships
- Prevention of Pollution by Garbage from Ships
- International Convention on the Control of Harmful Anti-fouling Systems on Ships (AFS Convention)
- International Convention for the Control and Management of Ships Ballast Water and Sediments (BWM Convention)
- The Hong Kong International Convention for the Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships
Training and Certification Regulations
- International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW)
- International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Fishing Vessel Personnel (STCW-F)
Labour Conditions Regulations
- Maritime Labour Convention (MLC Convention)
- Liability and Compensation
- Other Conventions