On completion of the training program, the student will be awarded:
→ A Certificate of Shipbuilding and Repair Quality Standards, issued by Bureau Veritas Solutions Marine & Offshore.
The Certificate of Shipbuilding and Repair Quality Standards, is obtained after completing the course and passing the online test.
This training course provides an overview of the IACS Recommendation 47 – Shipbuilding and Repair Quality Standards.
Whom the course is for
The course Shipbuilding and Repair Quality Standards is aimed at anyone interested in getting familiar with the IACS Recommendation 47 – Shipbuilding and Repair Quality Standards. This may include Ship Managers, Technical Superintendents, Ship Masters, Officers and Seafarers; Offshore Units Operators and Technical Staff, Shipyards Technical Staff; Surveyors; P&I and/or Insurance Inspectors; Etc.
On completion of the training, students will be able to:
- Understand the applicability of IACS Recommendation No.47.
- Get familiar with materials, welding and non-destructive testing.
- Understand the quality standards for steel ship construction and remedial standards for new buildings.
- Understand the quality standards for repair of ships in operation.
General requirements for new constructions and repair of ships in operation
Qualification of welders, welding procedures and NDT operators
Equivalency of material grades
Surface conditions and acceptance criteria
Shipbuilding and remedial quality standards for new constructions
- Standard for flanged longitudinals and flanged brackets
- Standard for corrugated bulkheads
- Standard for pillars, brackets and stiffeners
- Standard for hull shape
- Standard for fairness of plating between frames
- Standard for alignment and remedial standard for misalignment
- Standard for butt weld plate edge preparation and remedial standard
- Standard for fillet weld plate edge preparation and remedial standard
- Standard for distance between welds
Repair quality standards for ships in operation
- Standard for welding, groove roughness
- Standard for renewal of plates
- Standard for doublers on plating
- Standard for renewal of internals/stiffeners
- Standard for welding of pitting corrosion
- Standard for welding repair of cracks