On completion of the training program, the student will be awarded:
→ A Certificate of NDT – Ultrasonic Testing, issued by Bureau Veritas Solutions Marine & Offshore.
The Certificate of NDT – Ultrasonic Testing, is obtained after completing the course and passing the online test.
This training course provides an overview of the Ultrasonic Testing (UT) method for non-destructive examination of materials and welding, its objectives and principles.
Whom the course is for
The course NDT – Ultrasonic Testing is aimed at anyone interested in getting familiar with this NDT technique. This may include Ship Managers, Technical Superintendents, Ship Masters, Officers and Seafarers; Offshore Units Operators and technical staff; Shipyards Technical Staff; Surveyors; P&I and/or Insurance Inspectors; etc.
On completion of the training, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic physical principles of ultrasonic testing.
- Know the testing procedure and the inspection process referred to the equipment used.
- Differentiate applications and the acceptance criteria applied.
- Get familiar with the purpose of calibration and reference blocks to ensure the quality of test performance and test results.
- Ultrasonic waves and propagation
- Ultrasonic pulse-echo principle
Equipment and testing materials
- Ultrasonic testing instruments
- Ultrasonic testing probes
- Coupling media
- Calibration and reference blocks
- Surface preparation
- Scanning – ultrasonic testing techniques
- Testing parameters
- Data presentation
Applications and acceptance criteria
- Indication evaluation
- Acceptance criteria
- Test report
Reliability, quality of test results
- UT system performance
- NDT personnel competence