On completion of the training program, the student will be awarded:
→ A Certificate of NDT – Radiographic Testing, issued by Bureau Veritas Solutions Marine & Offshore.
The Certificate of NDT – Radiographic Testing, is obtained after completing the course and passing the online test.
This training course provides an overview of the Radiographic Testing (RT) method for non-destructive examination of materials and welding, its objectives and principles.
Whom the course is for
The course NDT – Radiographic Testing is aimed at anyone interested in getting familiar with this NDT technique. This may include Ship Managers, Technical Superintendents, Ship Masters, Officers and Seafarers; Offshore Units Operators and technical staff; Shipyards Technical Staff; Surveyors; P&I and/or Insurance Inspectors; etc.
On completion of the training, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic physical principles of radiographic testing.
- Know the testing procedure and the inspection process referred to the equipment and films used.
- Differentiate applications and the acceptance criteria applied.
- Get familiar with the purpose of reference accessories to ensure the image quality and the quality of test performance in general.
- Radiographic image quality
Equipment and testing materials
- Radiation sources
- Film systems
- Image quality indicators
- Film viewing equipment
- Selection of testing parameters
- Test arrangements
- Film processing
- Film evaluation
Applications and acceptance criteria
- Weld inspection
- Acceptance criteria
- Test report
Reliability, quality of test results
- Test performance
- Film viewing
- Film examination
- NDT personnel competence
- Safety aspects