On completion of the training program, the student will be awarded:
→ A Certificate of NDT – Penetrant Testing, issued by Bureau Veritas Solutions Marine & Offshore.
The Certificate of NDT – Penetrant Testing, is obtained after completing the course and passing the online test.
This training course provides an overview of the Penetrant Testing (PT) method for non-destructive examination of materials and welding, its objectives and principles.
Whom the course is for
The course NDT – Penetrant Testing is aimed at anyone interested in getting familiar with this NDT technique. This may include Ship Managers, Technical Superintendents, Ship Masters, Officers and Seafarers; Offshore Units Operators and technical staff; Shipyards Technical Staff; Surveyors; P&I and/or Insurance Inspectors; etc.
On completion of the training, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic physical principles of liquid penetrant testing.
- Know the testing procedure and the inspection process referred to testing materials and equipment.
- Differentiate applications and the acceptance criteria applied.
- Get familiar with the purposes of reference materials and/or blocks to ensure the quality of test performance and testing results.
Basic principle, capillary effect
Physical properties of the penetrant
- Penetrant application
- Excess penetrant removal
- Developer application
- Inspection and recording
Testing materials and equipment
- Removal methods
Applications and acceptance criteria
Reliability, quality of test performance
- Surface preparation and condition
- Types of penetrant materials and equipment used
- Penetrations and development time
- Viewing conditions
- The temperature of the test surface
- The material tested and flaws expected
- NDT personnel competence
- Safety issues