On completion of the training program, the student will be awarded:
→ A Certificate of NDT – Magnetic Particles Testing, issued by Bureau Veritas Solutions Marine & Offshore.
The Certificate of NDT – Magnetic Particles Testing, is obtained after completing the course and passing the online test.
This training course provides an overview of the Magnetic Particles Testing (MT) method for non-destructive examination of materials and welding, its objectives and principles.
Whom the course is for
The course NDT – Magnetic Particles Testing is aimed at anyone interested in getting familiar with this NDT technique. This may include Ship Managers, Technical Superintendents, Ship Masters, Officers and Seafarers; Offshore Units Operators and technical staff; Shipyards Technical Staff; Surveyors; P&I and/or Insurance Inspectors; etc.
On completion of the training, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic physical principles of magnetic particle testing.
- Know the testing procedure and the inspection process referred to testing materials and equipment.
- Differentiate applications and the acceptance criteria applied.
- Get familiar with the purpose of reference materials and/or blocks to ensure the quality of test performance and testing results.
- Surface preparation
- Applying detection media
- Inspection and recording
Testing materials and equipment
- Detection media–dry and wet magnetic particles
- Equipment for magnetization
Applications and acceptance criteria
- Acceptance criteria
- Test report
Reliability, quality of test results
- Verification of magnetization
- Viewing conditions
- Detection media
- Magnetic flux indicators
- NDT personnel competence