On completion of the training program, the student will be awarded:
→ A Certificate of SOLAS Safety Equipment, issued by Bureau Veritas Solutions Marine & Offshore.
The Certificate of SOLAS Safety Equipment, is obtained after completing the course and passing the online test.
This training course aims at providing a general description of the requirements for the prevention of pollution by sewage from ships as defined by the Annex IV of the MARPOL Convention.
Whom the course is for
The course MARPOL Sewage Pollution is aimed at anyone interested in understanding the requirements established by the MARPOL Convention for the prevention of pollution by sewage from ships. This may include Ship Managers, Technical Superintendents, Ship Masters, Officers and Seafarers; Offshore Units Operators and Technical Staff, Shipyards Technical Staff; Surveyors; P&I and/or Insurance Inspectors; etc.
On completion of the training, students will be able to:
- Understand the MARPOL requirements for prevention of sewage pollution from ships.
- Know the various sewage treatment systems which are accepted by the MARPOL Convention.
- Know the equipment required on board different ship types.
- Understand the criteria defined in the convention for the control of discharge of sewage.
- Understand the requirements for survey and certification of ships.
- Types of sewage systems
- Sewage treatment plant
- Holding tank
- Sewage comminuting and disinfecting system
- Standard discharge connection
- The special case of livestock carriers
- Discharge of sewage from ships other than passenger ships
- Discharge of sewage from passenger ships outside special areas
- Discharge of sewage from passenger ships within a special area
Survey and certification
- International Sewage Pollution Prevention Certificate
- Certificate entries: Number of persons the ship is certified to carry; New or existing ship; New or existing passenger ship for the application of Regulation 11.3
- Survey requirements
- Type Approval Certificate for sewage treatment plants