On completion of the training program, the student will be awarded:
→ A Certificate of MARPOL Air Pollution, issued by Bureau Veritas Solutions Marine & Offshore.
The Certificate of MARPOL Air Pollution is obtained after completing the course and passing the online test.
This training course provides a general overview of the MARPOL requirements to prevent air pollution from ships and offshore units.
Whom the course is for
The course MARPOL Air Pollution is aimed at anyone interested in understanding the requirements established by the MARPOL Convention concerning the prevention of air pollution from ships and offshore units. This may include Ship Managers, Technical Superintendents, Ship Masters, Officers and Seafarers; Offshore Units Operators and Technical Staff, Shipyards Technical Staff; Surveyors; P&I and/or Insurance Inspectors; etc.
On completion of the training, students will be able to:
- Know the international regulations related to the prevention of air pollution from ships and offshore units.
- Understand the requirements for the control of emissions of substances from ships and offshore units.
- Get familiar with the requirements concerning shipboard incineration and fuel oil quality.
- Understand the concept of energy efficiency and related MARPOL requirements.
- Know the various surveys required and the different certificates and documents to be available on board.
International regulations: ozone-depleting substances (ODS), nitrogen oxides (NOx)
Control of emissions
- Ozone-depleting substances (ODS)
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx)
- Sulphur oxides (SOx) and particulate matter
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC)
Fuel oil quality
Bunker delivery notes
Energy efficiency design index (EEDI)
Ship energy efficiency management plan (SEEMP)
Survey and certification