On completion of the training program, the student will be awarded:
→ A Certificate of Introduction to NDT, issued by Bureau Veritas Solutions Marine & Offshore.
The Certificate of Introduction to NDT, is obtained after completing the course and passing the online test.
This training course provides an overview of the different techniques employed for non-destructive tests (NDT) of materials and welding, their objectives and principles.
Whom the course is for
The course Introduction to NDT
is aimed at anyone interested in getting familiar with the different techniques employed for non-destructive tests currently used in marine and offshore industries. This may include Ship Managers, Technical Superintendents, Ship Masters, Officers and Seafarers; Offshore Units Operators and technical staff; Shipyards Technical Staff; Surveyors; P&I and/or Insurance Inspectors; etc.
On completion of the training, students will be able to:
- Know the objectives and principles of the various non-destructive testing methods.
- Differentiate NDT methods regarding application selection and physical principles.
- Understand the evaluation process referred to the testing procedure.
- Be familiar with the reliability of the various NDT methods.
Definitions and terminology
Role of non-destructive testing
Systematisation of NDT methods
- Visual testing
- Penetrant testing
- Magnetic particles testing
- Radiographic testing
- Ultrasonic testing
Evaluation of NDT findings
Indications and flaws
Reliability of NDT
Probability of detection
NDT operators certification