On completion of the training program, the student will be awarded:
→ A Certificate of COLREG, issued by Bureau Veritas Solutions Marine & Offshore.
The Certificate of COLREG, is obtained after completing the course and passing the online test.
This training course is based on the Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea - 1972, (COLREG 72), which aims at determining the signalling system requirements for safe navigation.
Whom the course is for
The course COLREG is aimed at anyone interested in understanding the requirements of the Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea. This may include Ship Managers, Technical Superintendents, Ship Masters, Officers and Seafarers; Offshore Units Operators and Technical Staff, Shipyards Technical Staff; Surveyors; P&I and/or Insurance Inspectors; Etc.
On completion of the training, students will be able to:
- Get familiar with steering and sailing rules.
- Understand the meaning and the positioning of navigation lights.
- Know the requirements of the Convention concerning lights, shapes and sound signals.
Application and responsibilities
Steering and sailing rules
- Conduct of the vessel in any conditions of visibility
- Conduct of the vessel in sight of one another
- Conduct of the vessel in restricted visibility
Lights and shapes
- Technical specification of lights
- Technical specification of shapes
- Visibility of lights
- Applicability: power-driven vessels, towing and pushing, sailing vessels, fishing vessels, vessels not under command, vessels restricted in their ability to manoeuvre, vessels constrained by their draught, anchored vessels and vessels aground
Sound and light signals
- Vessel equipment for sound signals
- Manoeuvring and warning signals
- Sound signals in restricted visibility